At Mountain Peak we focus on educating the whole child. We offer learning experiences that reach beyond the core academic areas beginning at the preschool level. Creative thinking in a hands-on manner introduces students to exciting and challenging subjects. We strive for excellence by nurturing each child’s intellect, curiosity, and social growth. We emphasize student responsibility and respect for self and others.
Our students bring diverse backgrounds, both academic and cultural, to the classroom. Our teachers bring passion, energy, and enthusiasm. Small class size and individualized curriculum address each child at whatever level or levels they are functioning at. This prevents any child from being “lost in the crowd” and encourages them to excel beyond the standard.
At Mountain Peak we appreciate that parents are important partners in their child’s education. Therefore, our staff forms close relationships with students and their parents, creating an open atmosphere. By working together, a balanced learning environment is achieved, allowing children to thrive.
At Mountain Peak we are committed to…
- Believing that all students can learn at high levels & achieve success.
- Designing instruction for a variety of learning styles.
- Providing a positive climate in the classroom, safe and secure.
- Having educational strategies to accommodate individual differences.
- Utilizing technology.
- Teaching problem solving skills.
- Providing opportunities for parents to share skills and talents to enrich learning.
- Making the entire school a productive learning climate.
- Instituting parent/family involvement practices.
- Having a passionate, caring staff that loves teaching children and has a goal of making sure each child has the knowledge, skills and values to be successful adults.